Apply to join the 2013 Youth Empowerment Staff Development Cohort – Youth on Fire!
DCYF’s Youth Empowerment Fund is seeking 15 staff to participate in the Youth On Fire 2013-14 Cohort. This is a FREE professional development for staff from community-based organizations that directly work with teens in San Francisco and want to institute stronger and more effective youth empowerment practices.
Through a monthly day-long workshop and individual coaching the cohort participants will receive intensive training that will cover topics such as: Preparing for Youth Leadership, Skill-Development for Youth Leaders, Supervision Strategies, Engaging Multiple Intelligences, Youth-led Service Learning, and Program Evaluation. Each training will utilize both best-practices in youth empowerment as well as peer-learning and reflective practice. Additionally, each cohort member will develop an individualized work plan for engaging youth leaders in completing a youth-led project in the Spring of 2014.
Each selected Youth on Fire Cohort participant will receive:
- Up to 3 hours of one on one professional coaching
- The Youth on Fire Curriculum Toolkit with 4 sets of curriculum
- A certificate of completion
- Up to 6 units of credits at City College of San Francisco (if you enroll in Youth Development Course. See page 2 of application for more details)
- 60 hours of professional development
Cohort Training Dates/Times
Note: All trainings will take place at DCYF from 9:30am to 3:30pm
- August 27 (to be confirmed)
- September 10
- October 8
- November 12
- December 10
- February 11
- March 11
- April 8
- May 13
- Must work for a 501(c)3 non-profit agency based in San Francisco and work with directly youth from San Francisco
- Minimum one year of experience working directly with youth
- Must have support from agency supervisor to participate
- Current job responsibilities must include program planning, development, and/or program delivery and service provision
- Interest in increasing youth voice/leadership in programs
- Must be able to attend at least 7 of the 10 meetings
Applications are due on Friday, August 23, 2013 at 5pm.
Please submit questions and completed applications to Prishni Murillo, Youth Empowerment Fund Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the application, click here.